No grants are made directly to individual students.
In selecting academic institutions to participate, the Foundation’s Trustees consider those that render exceptional services to large numbers of Mature Students.
Learn more about our Program Policies.
Colleges and Universities may contact the Foundation for more information:
The Charlotte W. Newcombe Foundation
35 Park Place
Princeton, NJ 08542-6918
- Awards are made only to colleges and universities; individual students may not apply for scholarships directly from the Foundation. Students interested in applying for a Newcombe Scholarship should contact their institutional financial aid or scholarship office.
- Inquiring institutions may contact the Foundation at any time to discuss eligibility requirements, and to request application guidelines. Formal applications are accepted only at the Foundation’s invitation following the initial institutional inquiry.
- The Foundation concentrates its scholarships on students seeking baccalaureate degrees. No grants are made to two-year colleges or professional schools.
- Colleges and universities that apply for a Newcombe Scholarship grant should agree to assume responsibility for grant administration, including adhering to the Foundation’s scholarships selection guidelines, monitoring grant funds and reporting fully on program administration. All costs of administering Newcombe Scholarships should be borne by the university or college; funds are not provided for academic or administrative program development, staffing, or support.
- No institution may receive simultaneous grants in more than one Newcombe Foundation program.
- The Newcombe Foundation does not participate in the selection of individual scholarship recipients, which is handled by the colleges and universities that receive Newcombe grants.